Thursday, August 23, 2007

Random beginning thoughts

The new semester has begun and the workload actually seems to be managable. However, there is always an exception. This semester I have actively started to work on my thesis.

In line with my interest in information policy I have decided to examine one particular policy. The Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) generated a large number of literature about its potential negative effects. Yet that is where the information about CIPA stops. No one has ventrued to discuss questions about the interpretation, implementation, and effects that CIPA has had on public libraries. That is the focus of my thesis, to find out how CIPA has affected information access at public libraries. Assuming of course that CIPA has had some influence on information access. Yet the questions do need to be answered in order to help understand the outcomes of information policies.

No comments: